Welcome to the application site for Summer School of Econometric Society, which will be held at College of Economics and Finance, Hanyang University (http://econ.hanyang.ac.kr/eindex.html) August 5-9, 2014.
Please fill out the application form completely and accurately.
The application will be reviewed by the lecturers.
The admission to the summer school will be notified individually by e-mail, along with the information about registration and application for financial support.
For more information, check the home page of Summer School of Econometric Society (https://sites.google.com/site/inkoocho/home/summer-school-of-econometric-society/general-information).
Before filing the application
Application website is designed to be rigid to maintain the desired level of integrity. A little preparation can make the process much more manageable than otherwise.
- A reliable contact information is the most important, A reliable e-mail address is crucial. Some schools have implemented strict SPAM filters, which often reject mass mail or computer generated message. Undelivered mails can cause a serious problem.
You will be asked whether you have a paper
- If you do not have a presentable paper, you can skip this item. In the past, more than one half of students in the Summer School did not have, or chose not to present, a paper.
- If you have a presentable paper, you need some preparation.
- Decide which paper you want to present.
- Instead of a pdf file, you will be asked to provide the URL link for the paper. If you have your own home page, just provide the URL link of the paper. If not, most cloud service such as Google Drive allows us to share a file on the web by assigning a stable URL address to a file. Please consult with the instruction of the cloud service of your choice (like this).
- Make it sure that the paper is set public on the web, and that if it is a pdf file, the file is free of password protection so that we can download the paper, without prompting you for permission. Otherwise, your paper could not be accessed for review in a timely manner.
- Once you provide us an URL link for the paper, you can freely revise your paper at your end, as long as you keep the same URL address for the paper.
- You must have at least one letter of recommendation. When you complete the application form, your reference is supposed to receive a computer generated request from us, with a specific instruction about how to upload the letter. It would be prudent for you to communicate with your reference after you file the application, in order to check whether he/she has received a notice from us. We had a number of incidences in the past that the computer generated notice was screened out by the SPAM filter, and the letter of recommendation was not received or significantly delayed.
- Before you submit the application. Make it sure that you have provided accurate information. Once you click OK, you should assume that your application cannot be modified any more.
- After you submit the application. You can assume that your application is filed properly, unless you hear from us otherwise. If your application needs more information, we will be in touch with you.
Registration ProgrammingPossible Worlds Ltd.